A robust and portable water filter capable of delivering up to 20,000 liters of clean water for group use. The LIFESAVER® jerrycan holds up to 18.5 liters at any one time and is designed to support those with a greater demand for clean water such as groups expeditions, people embarking on overland traveling or those setting themselves up for off-grid living. The LIFESAVER® jerrycan was designed to store and carry dirty water, once water is cleaned there is risk of re-contamination. With the jerrycan, just filter water when you want to drink it.
Filter watered can be used for drinking, washing and cooking. No need for bad tasting chemicals such as chlorine or chlorine dioxide.
• Tested by Independent Test House to meet adaption of NSF Protocol 231
• Includes FAILSAFE - an automatic indicator when the cartridge needs replacing
• Intuitive to use - FILL with water. PUMP the jerrycan. DRINK clean water.
• No measuring, wait times or unpleasant distaste that you get with using chlorine or chlorine dioxide
• Reduces turbidity of glacial, cloudy or muddy water
• Manufactured in the UK
• Product materials and water effluent both BPA and BPS free+
A robust and portable water filter capable of filtering 20,000 liters / 5,300 US gallons of clean drinking water, removing viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites instantly. The LIFESAVER® jerrycan holds up to 18.5 liters of water at any one time and is designed to support those with a greater demand for clean water such as group expeditions, adventurers embarking on overland travel, families or those setting themselves up for off-grid living.
The LIFESAVER® jerrycan was designed to store and carry dirty water. Once water is cleaned there is risk of recontamination, with the jerrycan, just filter water when you need to drink it.
Filter water for drinking, for washing with the addition of the LIFESAVER® shower attachment and for cooking. No need for chlorine or chlorine dioxide.
The LIFESAVER 20000UF jerrycan is a microbiological water filter that uses ultra filtration technology to filter out viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites from contaminated water sources. Lifesaver technology filters out bacteria to a minimum of Log 6 (99.9999%), viruses to a minimum of Log 4 (99.99%) and cysts to a minimum of Log 3 (99.9%) as specified by NSF Protocol 231, based on recommendations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
NSF/ANSI standard microbial removal claims are 99.9999% or greater for bacteria, 99.99% or greater for virus, and 99.9% or greater for parasite cysts.
VIRUS REDUCTION* > 99.99% (Log 4) BACTERIA REDUCTION* > 99.9999% (Log 6) CYST REDUCTION* > 99.99% (Log 3) FILTER MEDIA Ultra Filtration (UF) CHEMICAL REDUCTION Activated carbon filter removes chlorine, taste and odor, improving the palatability of water DRY WEIGHT 3.9kg (137 oz.) VOLUME OF WATER FILTERED** 20,000 liters / 5,300 US gallons INITIAL FLOW RATE** 4 liters/min @ 0.6 Bar (g) JERRYCAN STORAGE CAPACITY 18.5 liters / 4.9 US gallons REPLACEABLE CARTRIDGE YES WARRANTY 2 years
* Tested by BCS laboratories issued 9/02/16 based on an adaption of NSF/ANSI P231 Protocol. These units are tested with two different types of water to challenge the filtration capability beyond the standard use. All figures quoted are taken from the stressed challenge phase of the test imitating sewage contaminated water.
**Volume of water filtered by the bottle and flow rates dependent on the composition and turbidity of the feed water.
THE 20000UF JERRYCAN INCLUDES:
- 20000UF jerrycan
- Maintenance pack (1 protective cartridge cap and 1 spare O-rin